Friday, November 27, 2009

An evening at the beach

Mom, Gemma and I spent the evening down at Tahananui Beach in Nelson. Gemma and I started with a walk in the sand....which led to a walk in the surf. I didn't lift her quite high enough when a big wave came, but she enjoyed it.....
So we took off the pants and sweater and she went back for more. She was having a ball, laughing each time a wave came up....


It's hard to tell in this picture, but after a few goes in the waves, she was soaking wet.....
Good thing the sun came out because we stripped her down and had a naked baby!
Afterwards, we cleaned up and met Nan and Pop. We did one of my favorite things...got fish and chip take-a-ways and had a picnic. Not just any chips, but Kumara chips. A Kumara is like a sweet potato and the chips are SO good!




1 comment:

Shauna Petersen said...

It looks like there's some sun there! What a nice change from Germany! But, I guess you won't have a white Christmas?