Monday, December 7, 2009

Matai Valley Hike


Gemma and I went for a walk today with my aunt Tania. We walked up the Matai Valley. There is a nice river along side the path with occasional swimming holes. We stopped at this one for Gemma to get out and kick her feet around a bit. She loved it! The riverbed would have entertained Gemma for hours and hours!


A few days ago, I went for a hike up the hill overlooking Richmond and Nelson while Mom stayed home with Gemma. Here's the view of Nelson, that's the Tasman Bay.


Here's the other side of the Bay with the mountains in the background, although they are hard to see.


We went for dinner out at my aunt Ady's house, my cousin Kylie lives next door with her family. Gemma had a ball jumping on the tramp with Jed.



That's what we have been spending our time doing. We did get a chance to Skype with Ben today so that was great to see his face. Deployments suck, I mean, they really, really suck. At least we are over the halfway mark now!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Stacey - it looks like you and Gemma are having a blast in NZ! It is so beautiful there! It's a bummer that Ben has to be deployed, but I am excited that you are over halfway done! Praying for you guys!