I just realized that I haven't taken many pictures lately, that's why there aren't any new ones to post. I took this one before church last week. I can't stop putting her hair in pigtails! The last few weeks have been fairly low key. I have been fighting off panic attacks as we get ready for our 'round the world trip to New Zealand. We leave in 8 days! We are mostly ready. I am usually a last minute packer, but not for this trip. My lists are all made and I even have all of Gemma's things laid out. I have never been so nervous for a trip before! Of the last 4 flights I have been on, 2 of them I have been really sick for, so maybe that's it. I don't know how I could handle being sick on an airplane with a toddler. I guess I need to leave it in God's hands. It makes me think of 1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you" , now if only I could routinely put that into practice!
Yesterday was Veteran's Day and I am continually surprised as the support of the American people. When I watch the news from the States, (something I rarely do these days - it's too biased) it seems that American's are becoming increasingly Anti-American. However, when I interact with others, I am reminded of how much people still care and still appreciate the sacrifices that military men and women are making. Just a few days ago, I was searching on Craigslist for a pack n' play to use at Uncle Greg's place in LA when Gemma and I swing through for a night on each end of our trip to NZ. I found a woman selling one who lived close to Greg so I emailed her. I usually take the link to our blog off my email signature when I am emailing a stranger, but I forgot to do it this time. The woman checked the blog and found out that Ben was serving in the military. She emailed me back and was so supportive and encouraging. She offered her thanks and her prayers. Little did she know that her support came on a day when I was frustrated with the deployment and frustrated with being away from Ben for so long. It was so nice to know that people out there still care. To top it all off - she gave me the pack n' play as a thank you gift! How amazing is it that there are people like that still out there?
Here's to all the many military men and woman serving away from their families right now- thanks for all you do!
1 comment:
Stacey, I'm anxiously waiting to hear how your flights to NZ went!
Post a Comment